Last updated: May 17, 2018 Introduction
• your consent;
• the need to perform our obligations under a service to keep membership informed of global continuing engineering education activities
• the legitimate interests pursued by us, such as to recruit new members; and
• any other ground, as required or permitted by law in the specific respective context.
Please note that you may withdraw your consent at any time by visiting ##CONSENT_MANAGEMENT_URL##. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing, based on consent before the withdrawal. Where you provide us Personal Data with regard to the performance of a service, we require this information to be able to enter into a contract with you. Categories of Personal Data Personal Data collected by us could include:
• contact information, such as first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, and business and/or residence address;
• events attendance data;
• online store purchases;
• sponsorship commitments;
• proposal system submissions; and
• any other type of information we may ask you for or that you may choose to provide us with.
How We Receive Personal Data We may receive your Personal Data through our Website. In particular, we receive Personal Data when:
• you sign up as a member of our association using our Website;
• you interact with our Website when, for example, registering for an event; or
• your information that you have provide to us by any other means is entered into our system by us, e.g., for the purpose of sending email newsletters.
We may also receive your personal data from third parties, in which case, we will notify you, where required by applicable laws, without undue delay. Purposes of Processing We may process your Personal Data for the purposes of:
• registering you as a member of our association;
• enabling your use of the features of our Website;
• handling dues and fee billings for membership, events, and other association business;
• retaining statistical information about your involvement, activity, and dues/fee payment;
• tracking donations and store purchases;
• tracking event attendance and committee membership;
• scheduling volunteer activity;
• tracking proposal submissions for a call-for-proposals;
• tracking online learning participation;
• recording of continuing education credits;
• featuring news articles/press releases related to your association activity;
• responding to your inquiries, and/or other requests or questions; and
• periodically sending you newsletters and other marketing materials.
Data Retention When the purposes of the processing are satisfied, we keep historical membership information. Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties We may share your Personal Data with other entities. Such third parties may include those providing:
• association management software;
• web development services;
• association management software;
• hosting services;
• cloud storage services;
• IT support services;
• analytics services;
• customer support services;
• World Conference host organizations
• payment services; and
• any other type of external services we might need for us to be able to operate our Website and to provide you with our services.
We may share your Personal Data with these third-party vendors, solely to enable them to perform the services for us. In providing such Personal Data, we require that those third-party vendors maintain at least the same level of security that we maintain for such Personal Data. If we would need to transfer your Personal Data to third parties, we will ensure that this will be subject to appropriate safeguards and other requirements, as stated in the applicable laws. Other Disclosure of Your Personal Data We may disclose your Personal Data:
• to the extent required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary, in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, or private parties, including but not limited to: in response to subpoenas, search warrants, or court orders;
• if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our company’s business interests, assets, or both, or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other company change; and
• to our subsidiaries or affiliates, only if necessary for business and operational purposes.
If you are a data subject whose Personal Data we process, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in one or more of the European Union Member States. Changes to This Policy We may update this Policy from time to time by posting a new version on this web page. You should visit this page occasionally to ensure you agree with any changes. We will post our revised Policy on this web page and update the “Effective” date above to reflect the date of the changes. By continuing to use our Website after we post any such changes, you agree that you accept the Policy as modified.